From:
Gail Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 04:51:49 -0500

I want to thank everyone who sent me information about restaurants in Scottsdale, AZ.  Here is a list of places suggested, followed by my experiences eating there.

*Baja Fresh -- the enchiladas are GF as are the beans.  The rice is not.  The Baja Ensalata salad without the tortilla strips is GF -- The house dressing is GF, not the ranch. Quesadillas may be ordered with corn tortillas.  The chips are cross-contaminated.
*Havana Cafe - A GF menu is available at both locations and the food is delicious.  Cuban/South American. Havana Café at 6245 Bell Rd.
*Outback steakhouse-ask for GF menu-always available off their office computer
*Z Tejas restaurants have GF menus.  I have eaten at these places many times with good success when I visit Scottsdale.   I was able to have one of their drinks and had more than one choice on the menu.
*P.F. Chang's there, ask for a GF menu (and everything is WONDERFUL)
*Los Olivos (Mexican) near the civic center. They don't offer a GF menu, but the food is delicious (owned by the same family for years) and you can ask questions, etc.
*"Roaring Fork" 480-947-0795 . They also have a website: www.roaringfork.com. The person said that they called ahead and the chef seemed familiar with the gluten-free diet and that they had a delicious
meal.
*Tequila Grill, www.tequilagrillaz.com,(480)941-1800
*"Mosaic" 480-563-9600
*"Restaurant Hapa"

When I eat out I try to plan ahead and when making the reservations I ask to speak to the chef.  Together we then plan what I can order.  When I get to the restaurant I send in a GF restaurant card, also.  At the non-chain places, the chef will usually come out to talk to me when we order.  I had very good meals, and successfully ate at:
*AZ 88
*PF Chang
*Crew
*Mastro
*Roy’s in the new JW Marriott (although there are other locations-I think)