From:
Gina Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gina Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:29:14 -0800

Hello Everyone,

   I am concerned about Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce and a possible
reaction I am having after eating it.  I’ve been using it for years and just
love the taste and price and was sure it is gluten free.  Here’s my dilemma
though, I found out today when I called their offices, that the source of
the vinegar listed on the ingredients is distilled.  Now I really do not
want to have to bring up such a controversial issue here, but at the same
time, I have narrowed down a recent reaction I’m having related to after I’
ve ingested the BBQ sauce. I do value the opinions of all of you.  So, if
you don’t mind me asking, does anyone else seem to have a reaction to either
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce or other products containing no other possible
sources of gluten except for distilled vinegar?  I’m not saying that
distilled vinegar does either contain or not contain gluten and I don’t even
care.  Maybe some of us just react to distilled vinegar with a similar
reaction to gluten for some unknown reason is my question?

Thank-you, and take care.
Gina