Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:27:12 +1300
Atman, I've replied below:

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Atman" Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Can't boot 40Gb on Asus P2L97 mobo

> So, you pulled all drives, changed the IDE cable, hit the power switch,
and
> then what exactly happened???

Ian sez:
No, I did none of that.  Every time I hooked up the new drive into the
customer's old sytem, the boot would stall at the POST

> P.S. fan?

Ian sez: Power fan is normal

> CPU fan?

Ian sez: CPU Fan is normal

> Tried the HDD on a different rig just for kicks?

Ian sez: The drive had been running in a recently built rig

> Just curious.  Sounds strange.
>
> David A Abbe
>
> With the original drive back in, it boots just fine after the attempted
> BIOS flash?

Ian sez: When I disconnected the drive and rebooted, no problem.

Anyway, as I just posted, the problem has now been solved, thanks to Mike,
Rick and another helpful person who all suggested I jumper the drive
capacity down to suit the BIOS.

Which worked perfectly.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml