From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 21:06:00 -0700
>I have a friend who has a Packard Bell
>486DX2-66 with 24MB RAM, 540MB hard drive
>running Windows 95. She would like to upgrade
>her processor with an overdrive processor.
>We have seen processors from Evergreen
>Technology and a couple other companies for
>about $100. Has anyone had any experience with
>any of these upgrade processors that could help
>us decide which one would give us good
>performance and relatively problem free
>upgrading. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Gary,
As far as I'm concerned, you can't lose with
Evergreen (http://www.evertech.com).

I'm currently upgrading 30 PCs (Dell 486es) with
Evergreens Upgrade and haven't had a problem yet
with the 10 that I have done now.  The
improvement was worth the investment. You may
want to check their FAQ page just to be sure,
after all, you are talking about a Packard Bell
computer....  ;-)

I tried the upgrade chips from Kingston
(http://www.kingston.com), but they were
incompatible.  It didn't help them any by having
an "incompatible list" that printed out about 6
pages.  You may want to check this before going
with them.

I've also upgraded about 6 Pentium PCs (P75)
using the Evergreen 180MMX upgrade. Only needed
to add 1 jumper to change the voltage setting
and then I was done.

Best of luck!