From:
Michael Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:03:06 +0000
At 04:43 AM 2/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
>  Hello Everyone,
>        Been working on an old dinosaur(386 w/2mb RAM)and had to
>reinstall Win 3.11 . Seems that it had previously been working with
>Windows do not know the story as to why it may have stopped, what was
>happening when I got it was that it was locking up at the Win 3.1

Don't really think it is the memory (or lack of) unless the memory failed.
More than likely you are missing either the DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS or
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS.  If either of these two are missing in
a system with such a small amount of RAM then windows will not operate, you
would not have enough conventional memory left.

Mike
PC Tech

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]