From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:09:46 +1000
 >I can't remember that far back. If I did it was/meant in a >context.
here's what you said:
"Another thing is that the body does not eliminate certain vitamins and
minerals when an excess is reached. The body
stores them. But if they come in whole food form the body naturally gets rid
of excess "

When I asked *which* vitamins/minerals you answered 'calcium for a start.'
so again I ask: do you have any references to studies which support this
claim?
what other artifical vitamins/minerals build up?

 >If you are so interested you should do some research on it.
I've done quite a bit, and since I have not read any of these things which
you state, I'd like to know how you came to this view.

 >green vegetables, nuts and seeds and dried fruit are all good >sources of
calcium.
I do not know of any green vegetable or dried fruit which is a good source
of calcium. can you name the actual plants you have in mind?

 >I know that Mg oxide has poor absorbability.
and for calcium?

 >The claim was from Dr. Vladimir Shmitsman, M.D., H.D. Much >more on his
site:
an interesting website. he knows a lot about homeopathy. but not much about
nutrition.  here's one strange thing he says:

"[in] carrot juice there are large quantities of microelements...b-carotene
(vitamin A), vitamins B6 and B12)."

this is wrong since there is no vitamin A or B12 in any plant substance.
[except for some b12 in fermented plant foods derived from the bacteria].

he also gives no references to the claims he makes about the negative long
term effects of intake of artificial vitamins.  is this the only site where
you read about this idea?

andrew