From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:20:53 -0800
 > At the simplest level, food is nothing but the constituency of
 > its nutrients.

that is exactelly what analytical thinking lead us to believe

i am scared when i read a statement like that because i need to know that
life is valued .  .

  .
just imagine a movie where each image have been separated from each other .
now you have all the ingredients and you are asked to understand the movie .
you might see the image of somebody sweating in the middle of a cliff.
In your effort to reconstitute the scene ,you might wonder if this climber
is climbing up and are spending a tremendous amount of energy doing so ,or
he might be in fact going down to the river because it was so hot etc...

i have been told that we know exactelly what is in sea water , all the
minerals can be measured but when human attempt to make sea water respecting
the proportions ,they discover that fishes can't sustain life in it .

I am sad to hear that food have been reduced to its analytical components
( despite the fact that we are far to have discovered all of them ).
life doesnt reduce itself to a human mechanical understanding of it .
can we say that wood is the combinaison of ashes ,some gaz and carbon
because once  it is burn it is what we get .
will i give justice to the miracle of life happenning in you when you write
, by reducing yourself to a bunch of muscles , bones and other anedoctic
organs ....
or by reducing yourself at the molecular level ...( you still  have  to
master all  the differents levels of analytical understanding possible to
get a sense of the whole )?

jean-claude