From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:48:22 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
 > doesnt sound like 5,000 calories. maybe 3000? eating a lot of fruit is crazy
 > in cold winter climate [look to chinese medicine or explanation there].
 > none of your ancestors ate olives, oranges, coconut, carrot, broccoli. too
 > many carbs and too many phenols.
 > not enough animal fat. way short of vitamin A and D, iron, b12, folate.
 > take
 > supplements if u cant eat liver and kidney [or haggis].
 > eat more fatty meat and fish. and drink more alcohol !

Can you suggest any particular references books on Chinese medicine for the
layperson?  A nearly all meat/fish/poultry diet is very appealing to me
because protein foods are my favorite and because this kind of diet is very
simple and easy to prepare.  However, that pesky constipation problem always
occurs when I drop carbs to a very low level -- say under 15-20 grams per
day.  Don't we need fiber to prevent constipation?  I know there have been
cultures mentioned on this forum that allegedly eat all raw blubber and  raw
fish --- but I'm thinking that perhaps the very high levels of fish oil in
such diets keep things moving without the need for fiber.  I drink at least 8
cups of water not including the water I drink when working out so I end up
using herbal laxatives or extra magnesium.  This hardly seems paleo or
particularly healthy.  Any suggestions?