From:
Alex Shvartsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 08:25:34 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
 > ?  I just bought half a cow and it totally
 > naturally grown. Comes out to about 265 a pound too!!!  I am in north
 > Florida.
 > Lillian

I live in an NY City suburb.  With some great suggestions from this forum I
found farmers in upstate NY that have exactly what I need and the shipping
charges are reasonable.  In fact, yesterday I spoke to one of them regarding
ordering 1/2 or 1/4 of a carcass.  But it will definitely not fit in my
refrigerator. So I am  thinking of getting a separate freezer, and keeping it
in the basement.  Is any one else doing this?  Any tips in buying a freezer?
How big do you need it to store 1/2 a cow? and is the cost of the freezer
worth it? I guess it would in the long run.

Thanks, Alex