From:
The Lucey-Weinhold Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:33:54 -0500
Hi Alex ---

Darla gave you a lot of good advice, and I'd just like to add my 2
cents' worth.  Some small farmers who raise grass-fed beef might also
advertise through the following local sources:

(1) the bulletin board at a natural food store;
(2) the local "shoppers' news" type of free local newspaper;
(3) the bulletin board at a farm co-op or feed store;
(4) the "producers' list" distributed by a local organic farmers' group.

Here's a place you can start --- the producers' list for the Northeast
Organic Farmers' Association of New York:

http://nofany.org/dbapplet/certfarms.html

Not all organic beef producers raise 100% grass-fed product, but many of
them already do, and others are starting to pick up on this market niche
as the demand becomes apparent.  Organic farmers are already accustomed
to serving niche markets, so they're a good place to start looking.

Bonne chance!

Pat