C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 07:01:49 -0700
be careful, pam. an ortho who has no cp experience
will bring up surgery as an option. i had an ortho do
so. after i ask him how the constant spasming would
affect the healing process, his answer was "i had not
thought about that." i decline on surgery.  i finally
found a neurologist in a movement disorder clinic
(part of Emory) on the first visit, he told me that
under no circumstance should i ever allow anyone to
talk me into surgery. he said with all the spasms that
i'd never heal properly. you may be different, but, be
sure that everything is covered. ask all the
questions. get the answers.