VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:38:48 -0800
Dear Reader,  When this program "Airs"the election will be over.
Unfortunately the conditions that are virulent throughout our world will
not change no matter who is elected to the "Office of President of the
United Stated of America".
I know not what i shall hear when these letters are read, but from the
depths of Valley Forge to
this day, our freedoms have been challenged.
It will take a lot of courage and resolve for me to sit quietly at home
and listen to the words of those who gave so very much.
Gordon
####
LAST LETTERS HOME,

               On Veterans Day, November 11, at 9 p.m. ET/PT, HBO will
air LAST LETTERS HOME, a one-hour HBO Documentary Special
        produced by HBO and The New York Times, in association with LIFE
Books.

                 We are making a special effort to be sure that military
personnel, veterans and their friends and families are aware of LAST
        LETTERS HOME, and we are working with the Disabled American
Veterans to help communicate this important message.

        Built from the words of troops who were killed in Iraq, these
final letters sent home are read by the wives, mothers, fathers,
children
        and friends who received them. Full of pride, idealism, wonder
and regret, the letters by these troops stand as a lasting memorial to
the
        spirit and humanity of the brave men and women who sacrificed
their lives for our country.

        In an effort to reach as many Americans as possible with this
tribute, HBO and participating affiliates will open the signal, making
the
        program available to all cable and satellite households. A
companion LIFE book and DVD will be sold at retail stores and online.
All net
        profits from these releases will be donated to the Intrepid
Fallen Heroes Fund.

        Additional information will be available at www.hbo.com,
starting October 18. If members have other questions, please invite them
        email us at lastlettershomeceqnv.com, anytime before the
November 11 broadcast.

LAST LETTERS HOME intends to honor our fallen heroes. They will not be
forgotten.

####