VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sam Troia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 01:14:23 -0700
Hi, all,

The reason for the cross-post is that I believe I came across discussion
concerning the Windows 95 Registry on both lists so I wanted to accomodate
everyone who might benefit from my search.

I went over to amazon.com's website this past weekend and, because I too,
like several others on these lists, feel totally inadequate when it comes
to the subject of the Windows 95 Registry.  So I determined that somehow or
other I should embark upon a course of independent study concerning the
Registry.

On Amazon's site I did a search for books on the subject and, lo and
behold!, I came up with eight titles.  Actually, you won't behold all of
these titles since I next determined which of those books would benefit me
most.  I can however give you exact instructions on how to do the search
quickly so that you can see all of the titles if you wish.

Type in the search keywords exactly as you see them below leaving quotes
plus the word [and], as this is a search string which limits the search
from broad to narrow.  Enter the following to view all titles:

"computers" and "windows 95" and "registry"

The book that I chose is called, "Windows 95 Registry for Dummies", by Mark
Wilkins, et al.  It turns out that there's a cd-rom version as well but my
correspondence with Amazon will explain the difference between the book and
the cd-rom.  Below is first Amazon's final informational response to me
followed by my initial query.  Please excuse the length of this but I think
it is much needed information.