From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:17:35 -0600
At 08:24 AM 4/26/98 +0000, David Jonathan Justman wrote:

>I've got a lot of dust and other such particles on my keyboard.  How
>do I clean it off?

The first and formost thing to remember is the value of a keyboard.
Keyboards can be purchased for $15 on up...  a minor expense.

If your problem is minor, you can try one of these solutions:

1)  Turn the keyboard upside down and knock off the dirst, then
     wipe it off.
2)  Use either an aresol can of air or an air compressor to blow the
     dust and dirt off & out of the board.
3)  Remove all the keys, unscrew or pop-apart the keyboard case
     to wipe it clean with a rag and household cleaner.
4)  Remove all the keys, unscrew or pop-apart the keyboard case.
     Remove the electronic componenets.  Place the keys and case
     in your automatic diswasher, run it on a cool cycle.  Once all the
     parts are DRY, reassemble it.

One note about option #4.   I did this about a year ago.  The keys were
in a cheese cloth bag.   This bad deteriorated and fell into the food
grinder in the dishwasher.   The repairman charged me $150 to fix
the dishwasher.  So, remember that a keyboard is CHEAP...   but,
many people use this method successfully and I may have just had
some 'real' bad luck.

BOB WRIGHT  -   [log in to unmask]  - http://nospin.com
Owner   PCBUILD - PCSOFT - VPLANETS - PCBLDFAQ