From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:29:58 -0500
Dean Weaver wrote:

> This is a Toshiba Satellite-Pro running OSR2 with 32mb of RAM.
>
> I have found operations such as 'find file' & scrolling in Excel'97
> painfully slow.

I am using my fourth generation of Toshiba portables.  I wouldn't have
any other.  They are rugged, durable, solid machines.  I've bounced mine
around in the overhead storage of many an airliner.  To borrow a phrase,
they take a lickin and keep on 'a clickin...

BUT they have always had sloooow disk access and slooooower graphics
display (like all those grid lines in excel).  It just comes with the
beast at no additional charge.

--
Jim Meagher

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]