From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:22:25 -0400
"Marilyn Harris" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >Do nuts and seeds provide the same level of satisfaction
> >or nutrition as red meat, poultry, eggs, raw dairy, and
> >other natural animal foods?
>
> I don't think they do although they do supply many nutrients....
> would not thumb my nose at nuts, a nutritious food that doesn't
> run away or fight back

I don't thumb my nose at nuts or seeds. I just feel we need
to moderate them, because we can easily eat too much to the
exclusion of other healthy foods. The same caution applies
with fruit, in my opinion and experience.

> >"I doubt that HEALTHY primitives (ones with no cavities
> >or diseases) ate large amounts of nuts."
>
> both healthy or non-healthy
> primitives would eat a high-quality food source as much...

I think coconut has a higher quality than most nuts. Also
brazils, walnuts, and pecans. I eat raw unshelled almonds
and pistachios occasionally, but they don't fill me up as
much (probably due to lower fat content).

-Bruce Kleisner