Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:09:09 -0700
> < I have never heard of such. How does fermentation denature? >
> don't know exacty. but the clumping of cultured milk comes from protein
> denaturing.

Thanks Andrew, after doing some more reading I'm going to guess that it is
the byproduct of lactic acid that does the denaturing not the process of
fermentation itself as I was originaly trying to picture.
> < Is IGF protein or lipid? It seems to me like other steroids it would a
> lipid
>  molecule.>
> IGFs are peptides, hence proteinous/nitrogenous compounds.
> having said that, I am now no longer sure whether i merely assumed, or
read
> an authoritative
> opinion, that the culturing process definitely denatures the IGFs along
with
> the caseins.
>
> andrew

This is very interesting, if it does denature IGFs milk may be safer
consumed fermented than provoiusly thought.