From:
William Schnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:45:21 -0400
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:42:59 EDT, Susan Wolf Sternberg <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
snip
  She says that with low carb unless I am an athelete, my
> body
> will not burn fat as fuel, but rather will burn protein, and the nitrogen
> waste
> from the protein that is excretd will be hard on my kidney.
snip

Nonsense. She sounds like a troll.
I have been eating one meal a day of raw fatty meat and/or raw eggs,
sometimes with a small amount of (home-made) Sauerkraut and sometimes a
tomato, for months. Otherwise I live on organic coffee with much organic
unsalted butter and a dab of raw honey.
The results are better than any other way of eating that I have tried.
I drink enough water to balance the loss from the coffee. I read somewhere
that piss is actually a fraction of blood, minus the cells, if this is true
most of the water drinking is useless at best.

IMO if your diet were hard on your kidney you should notice something
wrong.

William