From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:10:44 +0200
From: "Mary French" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 1:41 AM
Subject: veggies

> Let's talk veggies.  What do you like to do with them?

In my culture vegetables earlier occured mainly in soups so I find soups
easy to make. Half of the ingredients should be fish or meat. I also roast
them in a very hot oven. Salads with up to 10 -12 different vegetables with
dressing made from oil, lemon or vinegar and different herbs, perhaps some
mustard (with no sugar). I eat them like we eat apples and always with some
meat or fish.
Research from now living hunter/gatherers in the South of Africa show that
they eat an enormous amount of different veggies, many more than we have in
an ordinary super market so I don't personally think that it is a good idea
to leave them on the shelves to favour just a few of them. Since all
vegetables have som poison it is better to eat a little of everything and
the body will be able to handle it.

We have ecological meat here in Sweden but I don't know what it means. I
think they mean that they got grass and grains that has been grown without
chemicals. The concept of grass fed beef does not exist here as far as I
know. All cattle are suppost to be outside in the summer but I think they
all get extra food with cereals. I'm going to check that out.

It's quite easy to get hold of mouse/elk here and they are of course grass
fed apart from the apples that they steal in our gardens. Deer gobble up our
roses as well.
Eva