From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:18:37 -0700
--- Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> leave them on the supermarket shelf.  apart from a
> few of the green leafy

Andrew,

You mean you don't eat vegetables at all? I know the
story about the Arctic explorer, can't remember the
name, who followed the Inuit diet and did very well on
just meat, but most of the literature on the paleo
diet, for example the books by Cordain as well as
Neanderthin, presume a diet that includes a lot of
vegetables and fruits as well as meat.

One possible disadvantage about leaving vegetables
out, even if a diet is healthier without them, is that
it makes the diet seem fairly radical and might turn
people away. If you tell people they should give up
grains and beans it's a bit of a struggle but I think
feasible. But giving up vegetables makes for a
somewhat tougher argument, I think.