From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:08:38 -0500
Gordon > "As for milk protein (casein), I think it is somewhat incorrect
to compare its consumption to alcohol consumption as in your original
message in this thread. We have concrete genetic evidence that humans have
always been adapted to small amounts of alcohol. I'm not aware of any
similar evidence for casein."

Good point.  I made the connection because I think it's convincing that
pre-Neolithic man probably consumed both stomach cheese and alcohol to
some degree.  And that neither is healthful for humans.