From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:05:25 -1000
jean-claude:
 > tonigh i had fresh scallops then plain  corn salad and dandelion without
 > seasonning ( no need to seasonned those wild plants when harvested fresh
 > from the garden ).

Sweet corn is wild??? And I'm hoping your scallops weren't dredged--of
course not...

 > At lunch it was beef tongue and  cucumber salad seasonned with  crushed
 > sesame seeds, crushed small  fishes in brine , with tarragon and oinions
 > greens

Brine?

 > ( the cucumber was organic store bought so not amazing taste i use
 > seasonning in those cases to makes them palatable .

Fishy salt and onions, tarragon and sesame--why bother with the cukes at
all?

 > in the afternoon i had one organic orange and 2  organic strawberries , in
 > the morning i drank a cup of juiced nettles celery and fenel.
 > apart od the daily morning juice , I eat mostly one food at a time with no
 > mixing or seasonning  unless the vegetables are not harvested by me and each
 > meal at the most will include 3 differents foods ( apart from the
 > seasonning )

and later in another post:

 > from my perspective of eating raw  instinctivelly, i will go even farther
 > because for me foods have been denatured ( whatever the means, and cooking
 > is the big one ) or  food that are not original for the species,  have the
 > same ability (like the obvious ones grains and dairy) to become addictive .

I would hate for folks to get the idea that what you are doing is really
instinctive nutrition. Juicing and mixing, while not at all evil IMO, are
not instinctive. You are a special situation, of course, as are we all, but
you might consider relinquishing your status as resident _practicing_
instincto.

Why on earth, given your diatribes about how we all must be so responsible
for our food choices, would you stoop to commercial organic veggies anyway?
If they don't taste good enough to eat alone and in glory, why would you
bother when you have all those great high quality wild or self-raised foods?
Why would you need any commercial produce when you harvest those wild foods
that have such a fine stop? Do your kids eat such foods that need
seasonings?

On the other hand, it is inspiring to see that you don't feel the need to be
eating only one food at a time (or is that not satisfying enough?), that you
juice (fractionate, essentially using them as a supplement I guess--or are
you just trying to get around the stop?), that you season your salads.
Avocado and dulse make most any salad top-notch, no? I had thought you were
a purist, in a sense, and it is somehow edifying to see you make
"accommodations" (instead of "exceptions", no?).

Cheers,
Kirt