From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:20:07 -0500
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

 >yes I read what you wrote about seeds - you see them as a general problem.

It was just an extreme generalization I made after reading Loren Cordein's
paper on cereal grains. It appears that it doesn't apply to all people and
all seeds. However, I don't know which seeds I can eat without risk and how
I should prepare them.

 >In contrast to other food items like just green plant material or fruit
 >you have to eat much less, in volume.

Yes, before I abandoned seeds I ate relatively small amounts of bread and
porridge and drank a lot of water. Now I often eat extensive amounts of
fruit, usually apples and oranges, and I don't drink as much water as
before. The volume of my fruit consumtion worries me.

 >I co
nsider each species seperately and don't lump all cereals together
 >with "wheat". This "wheat" is IMO a dangerous product of our times and
 >very different from stone age "wheat".

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

 >Some cereals I like, that is rye (but I can stand it only in the form of
 >proper grown sourdough of one bakery) and oats and rice.

I used to eat rye bread labeled "sourdough", but I doubt it was true
sourdough after reading some high tech recipes on the Internet. I also used
to eat porridge of oats or rice (or wheat), but I guess the seeds were too
refined. How do you prepare your oats and rice? Are you using whole seeds?
What kind of rice are you using? I guess these questions are out of topic,
so maybe you could explain it to me privately or point me to some
appropriate source that uses the same methods as you. Maybe I'll make an
experiment.