Joshua
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:45:36 -0800
My girlfriend went to see her doctor this morning
with the intention of getting information about different methods of birth

control.  She dislikes taking pills, and made the
decision to go on Depo-Provera.  She got the shot immediately, and just

informed me.  I've heard many horror stories
about Depo-Provera (and other forms of birth control as well), and am very

concerned.  I can't see how it wouldn't cause hormonal imbalance.

My girlfriend eats a mostly Paleo diet, with a
few exceptions here and there (and a daily caloric limit-she follows the

recommendations of "The Body Sculpting Bible For
Women").  I'm hoping that any side effects will be kept at bay by her very

healthy food intake, but that's probably a distant hope at best.

I'm fairly new to this list.  Is there a group
consensus on birth control?  I don't know of any natural means to inhibit

pregnancy, so I suspect this is something a lot
of you have had to deal with.  Latex is obviously the best option, but she

dislikes it strongly enough to risk taking Depo-Provera.

Thanks,
Joshua