From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:11:34 +0000
At 22:18 +1100 1/15/03, Evelyn McWilliams wrote:
>An unexplained weight gain of about 5 lbs has me reaching for
>possible hormonal explanations to account for the sudden onset of
>bloat (mostly round the stomach and associated with the puffiness
>that shrieks fluid build-up.)
>
>I might need to take steps to combat the effect of that "enzyme that
>promotes fat storage" mentioned by Elizabeth Miller in her post.
>
>First line of attack would seem to be to increase dietary induced
>thermogenesis. But that still leaves the problem of fluid build-up
>etc.
>
>Anyone have creative solutions to share on how to combat this sort
>of fat gain?
>
>Dairy foods, such as milk, cheese, yoghurt (which I have recently
>added to my diet, despite not being paleo) might also be in the
>frame. What do others think?
>
>Evelyn

How about progesterone cream? Many use it full-time, from menopause
on, and it works wonders on hormonal bloating. Part of the problem,
as I understand it, is that we continue to produce a certain amount
of estrogen, but virtually no progesterone to balance it. To me,
dietarily speaking, a few too many carbs will cause a bit of bloat:
wine, sweet potatoes, dried fruit - I haven't correlated it with
dairy, in which I also indulge to a limited extent.

ginny

--

All stunts performed without a net!