From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:23:09 -0600
Kathy wrote:
> -- but about a month ago I noticed a severe pain in my foot while jogging,
> maybe a pulled tendon or even a slight fracture?  I was getting a sharp
pain
> when I put any weight on the ball of my foot, so I've been trying to avoid
> doing that, and now the limping has made my leg & hip hurt.  So I figure
it's
> probably time to see a doctor.)

I'm definitely with the person that recommended the chiropractor. Also,
I would check out the runnersworld.com Web site, as they have specific
information on runner's injuries there.

Also, if you are running on concrete or blacktop, I would recommend
either finding a jogging trail or padded track somewhere...or stop
running all together. Running on pavement is definitely not paleo.

If I had one thing to do over again in my life, I would have never
started jogging on the blacktop road behind my house (or at
least that would be somewhere towards the top of my list <g>).

I stopped running and got a bicycle. That may not be paleo,
either, but it sure the heck is easier on the feet. You just have
to go further distances to get the same results.

Paula wrote:
> Can these statements be substantiated? Sometimes surgery and pills are
> necessary. It seems some on this list want to throw the baby out with the
> bath water. It's true paleo nutrition has helped me with my medical
problems
> a lot but it has by no means cured me. I think people can research doctor
> recommendations and come to the best conclusion for themselves.

Time to Ban That Dangerous AMA?

NewsMax.com has received a flood of e-mail in response to the article AMA
Launches Attack on Guns. And these readers have a modest proposal: Ban those
dangerous docs, before they kill again.

Writes one: "I find it interesting that the AMA is so concerned about gun
control when statistics show us that more people are killed every year by
doctor error than are killed by guns. I guess they feel they have a better
chance of making a difference with guns than making doctors competent."

Another writes:

"Number of physicians in the U.S.: 700,000. Accidental deaths caused by
physicians per year: 120,000. Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171 (U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services).

"Number of gun owners in the U.S.: 80,000,000. Number of accidental gun
deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500. Accidental deaths per gun owner:
0.0000188. Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor. Please
alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this
gets out of hand.

"Remember: guns don't kill people; doctors do."