NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patty Majerik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:03:31 -0500
Are either of these marked kosher parve?

-Health Valley cookie cremes
-Safeway Tuxedos

I have come across lots of oreo type sandwich cookies that do not have any
dairy ingredients in the ingredient deck but are labelled K-D, which can
mean cross-contamination.  Bloom's are the only ones I've ever seen that
are K Parve.

Also, when you say your child "tolerates" these, does this mean no severe
reaction?  Lately I have noticed my severely milk-allergic daughter having
dark circles under her eyes and I wonder whether that could be from a low
level exposure to milk or whether she has additional allergies
(environmental, for example) causing this.

-Patty