NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Boldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:55:26 -0600
My son has the same problem.  We are dairy free and soy free and almost
gluten free.  His rash is much better.  Still breaks out if he gets dairy or
has had a virus.  His BM's went from horrible diarrhea to mush on the diet.
On the suggestion of a GI doctor we started to give him 1/2 tsp of benefiber
or metamucil each morning and that has given some form to the BM's.  I do
see that if he gets any kind of virus (cold, whatever) the intestinal tract
will be effected and is last to recover.  We also use asodophilus (sp?) to
help support the GI tract.
Lori