EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 04:57:06 +0000
Keith-Thank you for your on going discussion of NHE.  It has been very
effective for me as well.  I am curious what the lists experience has been
with regards to post work out nutrition specifically ingesting carbs post
workout.  Art and Rob Faigan argue against it but John berardi (and
seemingly everyone else around!) argue for protein/carbs post work out.  I
have noticed when I did this I simply did not feel good.   A post work out
meal of protein and fat predominantly left me feeling great...not so the
protein carb meal.  I have increased my carb loads to every 2 and every 3
days.  Between crossfit, capoeira, and grappling I really need it.  I am
likely exercising at a level outside that recommended by EF but I don't
smoke, drink or gamble...I guess exercise will be my vice!
Thanks in advance for your input
Robb