C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:12:17 -0800
Since I am already on an anti depression, I dont want to add another one. I battle depression and this medication works well, so I hasitate to add anything else.

I might look into the malic acid though.  Sounds interesting.

Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
malic acid or malate is an amino acid found in apples and some with
fibrocrud say it helps them. Elavil is a tricyclic antidepresant but docs
are using it to help fm'ers fall asleep and reemain asleep up to 7 hours.
It does need to be taken several hours before you get into bed. It knocks
you out.

"What is real but compassion, as we move from birth to death?"
~~Greg Brown~~

I hesitate to add another prescription to the mix. I already take 6 meds a
day. plus eye drops as needed for allergies. I take melatonin to help me
fall asleep. That does help. The pain just gets to me some days. I also
use a hot pad at night when needed. What is malic acid?

> Magenta Raine wrote:I do! ouch especially when
the rain comes.