C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:52:43 -0400
That verifies what I've believed for a long time - that given the same
opportunities as men, women will surpass them.   It's not that we're smarter
than them - we are in some ways - but it's that we're motivated to achieve.
I say the more women in the professional schools, the more they will go into
positions  of power and the better place the world will be.  Not necessarily
a more peaceful one, but perhaps a more quiet one with more disputes being
settled through mediation rather than displays of power.

It's been proven through social science - women tend to solve conflict
through mediation and men more aggressively.  (although I know a few men who
would dispute that statement, LOL)

Kat