Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:50:07 -0700
--- Rob Bartlett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Old toxicology principle: The dose determines the
> poison.

Exactly. And actually Dr. Cordain mentioned in his
message (which makes a lot of sense) that all mammals
have enzymes to detoxify alcohol. This would indeed be
necessary since it is such a common toxin in the
world, and there are others like it.

The interesting thing about the benefits of alcohol is
that it's something for us, today, but it wouldn't
have been of any use at all to our paleo ancestors,
presumably, because for them death from heart disease
was virtually unknown AFAIK. This is an interesting
point, though, because I think for them the most
common cause of death for people who had survived
infancy was probably trauma, basically accidents or
warfare presumably.