Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:35:35 -0400
7bit
Jim Swayze wrote:

> If paleo man consumed alcohol at all in the form of rotting
> fruit, it was seasonal and infrequent.

Fermenting fruits would be no more seasonal or infrequent than fresh fruit,
Jim. Do you think fresh fruit is not paleo?

Alcohol from fermenting fruit is as natural as fructose, and as I states,
even without eating fermenting fruit it is produced in the human gut by
friendly bacteria.

I was raised in a home in which we lost several windows to birds flying
under the influence after their consumption of the fermenting berries from
the surrounding bushes. Other animals also eat fermenting fruit. And early
humans no doubt learned what to eat by watching other animals.

But I agree completely that chocolate is not paleo.

-gts