Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:24:13 -0400
>>I would really appreciate your help and advice on this one, is there any
one who suffers from Colitis on this list who eats Paleo? Are there any
good websites etc...?

Many thanks in advance for your help
Melanie.<<

Hello Melanie.

As a person with Crohn's (Colitis' insidious cousin), I am an ex-vegan-gone-paleo, and have put my Crohn's in remission with diet only (no drugs).  I now know that my 13-year vegan diet was making me very ill, because when I eased back into eating meat 7 years ago, I improved markedly.  I'm left with scars because of my "ethical" vegan diet (2 bowel surgeries and permanent neuroendocrineimmune dysfunction, plus the autoimmunity of Crohn's, which never goes away), and hope it's not too late for your friend.  See the website below.  The Specific Carbohydrate Diet is close to paleo, but it includes fermented dairy for the probiotic cultures, and some aged cheeses.  Some people don't tolerate any type of dairy and do better without it though, so then the diet becomes essentially paleo.

http://www.scdiet.org/

Lois