Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:14:52 -0800
From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
 > I probably qualify as a walnut addict.  I eat loads of them.  And, duh,
 > wonder why I can't lose weight on paleo.  Maybe a better question is why I
 > don't gain any considering how many nut mega-calories I scarf down.
 >
 > In November, I thought I would cut back on my nut intake, but the resolve
 > never lasted long.   Since I couldn't seem to cut back very well without
 > having cravings for more, I tried eliminating them, but that didn't work,
 > either, except for a few days at a stretch, and then I would find myself
 > obsessing about wanting walnuts and go buy some.  Since then, this same
 > cycle has repeated itself to the point that it's really bothering me.  I
 > don't know if crave is the right word, but it seems like my body says
 > there's something missing in my diet if I don't eat them.  Yet eating them
 > seems to displace other foods out of my diet.  Then, again, walnuts are so
 > satisfying to me that I've actually wondered whether a paleo person could
 > live healthily and well with nuts as the main part of the diet.   But I
 > can't help but wonder about the lectins.

i understand this high need for walnuts . way back in the past i remember
the few opportunities i had to eat them and fill myself with them , there
was obviously something in them i specifically needed .
for now 20 years at least i am harvesting walnuts myself to makes sure i
have for the winter good quality ones ( i allways found a tree somewhere no
matter where i was , i can recognise a walnut from far way in the country
side )
14 years ago ia started to eat instinctivelly raw foods and the first few
years i ate a lot of them then the taste for them decline to the point where
only in their fresh state ( at harvest time before they dry) keep to be
appealling.
when dry now i can't eat more than a few before i feel the stop on them .
\I am sure the body have means to neutralise toxines in plant as long the
body need this food , as soon the taste start to change and you start to
feel the sharpness that is the sign to stop when the toxin can not be
neutralise anymore ( something secreted in the saliva or digestive juices
must do that , never heard of scientific researches confirming or infirming
that ).

Ps that can be most clearly experienced if walnuts are eaten on their own or
at least not too mixed with too many ingredients .
goo way to neutralise the toxines is to let them rehydrate under the rain
for few days as they will be still found in nature during the winter .( they
get back close to their fresh state that is ,in my opinion , the delicacy
.( at that moment of the year i can  be living on walnuts and fall fruits
and berries  for days like the racoon .)
jean-claude