From:
Jesse Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 10:42:28 EDT

Hi:

Thanks for the responses about low fat tofu, soy milk and mints.   A number
of folks thought that all tofu and soy milk would be GF -- is that true?  Some
low fat tofu (e.g., Mori Nu) lists modified food starch on the label, and some
soy milk (Vitasoy) lists barley flour.

<>

?

Tofu:
Frieda:all regular and organic
Trader Joe's... they have tofu listed on their west coast GF list.
White Wave: Extra firm, organic firm(vacuum and water pack),fat
reduced, organic soft(vacuum pack), transitional firm(vacuum pack), hard

Soy Milk:
Kemps:original soy 32 oz, chocolate soy 32oz, vanilla soy 32 oz
White Wave: silk- chai,mocha, chocolate,organic plain, vanilla, nog
Soy-Um: Milk alternative
Vitamite:non dairy beverage 2% and non fat
West Soy Milk is GF. I called the company only a couple of months ago.
Silk Soy milk says gluten free on the label.
Soy milk - Soy Dream
 I like almond breeze dairy free milk beverages which are gf, but not made
with soy but with almonds

Mints:
Guitard:smooth'nmelty
TraderJoes:whitakers mint crisp wafers, After Eight Chocolate Mints
Mints - Smints sold at CVS

Very excited about the after eight mints... mmm.  Thanks to all who responded
-- and happy Memorial Day -- Jesse.