Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:41:10 -0800

FYI regarding Boars Head Products (faxed to me on Mar 6, 2003)

" There are no cereals, or fillers, no artificial colors or flavors used in
manufacturing any of our Boar's Head Brand meats. There are no vegetable
gums or malts, wheat, rye, oats or barley used. For this reason almost all
of our products should be compatible with a gluten free diet.

Some people are extremely allergic, and have asked if vinegar is used in any
of our products. The olives in our Olive loaf are cured in vinegar, and
there is vinegar in the pickle relish used in both Dutch Loaf and Pickle and
Pepper Loaf. It is not possible for us to trace what this vinegar is made
from, so it is wise to avoid these products. Also, our Hans Jurgen Cold Pack
and Garlic Pickles are made with vinegar from a grain source. However,
Boar's Head Delicatessen Style Mustard, Honey Mustard, Horseradish, Ham
Glaze, and our Head Cheese are made with vinegar that contains no gluten
after it is triple distilled. Our Sauerkraut is a fermented product and does
not contain vinegar.

There is a caramel coating on several products. This is made from sugars,
and should pose no problem. In addition, both the Boar's Head American
(yellow and white). Blue cheese, Mossarella, Gold Label Swiss, Monterey
Jack, Monterey Jack with Jalapenos, Gouda, Edam and Vermont Cheddar cheeses
are gluten free.

Of course we encourage you to always read labels, and check with your doctor
for any specific ingredients he may want you to avoid. "

They were very helpful!

-sarah