Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 08:00:04 -0500

Dear Listmates -

Lots of good responses on this.
As mentioned, I was looking for GF, aluminum-free products to take, both
to prevent getting gas, and to take once it is there.

-Many listmates suggested Phazyme

-One listmate said Beano is not GF.  I recall reading on this list that
it was.(??)
But it didn't work for me when I tried it,  so I don't take it anyway.

-One listmate recommended Mylecon drops, in the baby section, and said they
work very well.

-One listmate recommended Gas X Extra Strength Softgels (in the green box)

-One listmate suggested the Equate brand of GasX, which I think is the
Wal Mart
equivalent, which means it would cost less.  This listmate also
suggested Pepto Bismol
 for any bloat.

-Taking enzymes was recommended.  Pancreatin for fried foods or a big
meal by
one listmate.  Another suggested Country Life Maxi-Zyme caps, before
each meal, and
said it works beautifully.  I would assume it would, and enzymes are a
good idea - they
probably help break down the food components that cause gas.

-One listmate said it may be due to "leaky gut" syndrome and to take
l-glutamine, but
I already do that.

-One listmate suggested asking this questions at the Delphi forum also:
<http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages >

-One listmate said to completely avoid foods that cause gas. Unfortunately,
I have so many food allergies that if I also eliminated everything that
can cause
gas, there wouldn't be much variety left.  So there are times when I eat
broccoli, lentils,
beans, etc.

-One listmate said to avoid dairy products, but I have a dairy allergy
and already avoid them.

-Another listmate said that it can be a gluten reaction.  That is true.
 But my diet is
strictly gluten-free and I check everything with manufacturers, etc.
 With me it is the
type of the food, like beans, lentils, garlic, cauliflower.

Thank you, everyone!  Lots of great ideas - and I will try them out.
  Obviously, a lot of us have this problem - judging by the number of
Have a great day!
Vicki