Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:01:29 -0700

Ther wer many responses and I appreciate all those with quality information. Most said the same so here are a few.  Hilshire Farms Honey Glaze Hams are GF, as are most of Hilshire Farms products.  Still, read the labels.  Lunchmeats in the packaged meats section are also GF.  The Beer bratwurst is not GF; may be a few others. Enjoy.
Esskay Silver Label, Boar's Head brand.   I buy a shank half of Silver Label, cook it and cut it-delish!   Hormel Cure 81 hams are GF.  I believe they may even say GF on the label.  I've noticed that a number of Hormel products include this information under the nutritional information.

A good resource for information on GF products is at:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

According to the list archives and several GF online lists, Smithfield hams (and other pork products) and Hormel Cure 81 hams are GF. No doubt there are others. I enjoy these ham products often, without difficulty. Hormel now labels several of their products as gluten-free right on the package, like their pepperoni slices!

Avoid: honey-baked hams or hams with coatings or flavor injections. These are usually NOT GF. Check with individual manufacturers. If you find a honey-baked, pre-sliced ham that is GF, let the whole list know! We would love to buy it! Otherwise, we glaze our own hams.
The following were listed by our listmates as GF:

Hormel Cure 81     1-800-523-635
Boar's Head
Hillshire Farms' Honey Cured/Glaze          1-800-328-2426
Honey Baked (if this is Honey Baked co., only the plain, non-glazed is GF)
Costco Kirkland
- but throw away the separate packet of glaze, which has wheat in it.
Carando Spiral sliced ham
- again, if there is a glaze packet, throw the packet out.
John Morrell EZ-cut hams
Krakus canned hams
Cooks                      1-402-475-6700
Smithfield                 1-757-357-1376
- all GF except honey glazed spiral ham and honey BBQ
 Boar's Head ham and turkey are both GF and delicious.