From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:55:47 -0500

We tried our local Outback (Durham, NC) tonight for the first time. Before
going, we looked up the GF menu on the Outback web site and made notes of
what was OK. At the restaurant we asked the hostess who took us to our table
and the waitress who came to serve us about their GF menu. Neither had
heard of it. We told them it was on the Outback web-site and they went to
check their computer.  The manager came back with them. She was very interested and nice and volunteered to print out a copy which we used.  Since this was not a busy night (Monday) the manager
came back later and asked us more about Celiac disease, and the GF diet. We
encouraged her to print more copies of the menu and have them available up
front, which she did. Dinner was great. Our GF meal included salad, prime rib, steamed vegetables (without seasoning) and the ice-cream sundae.  We felt good that we had
educated some of the restaurant staff.  We are also writing to GIG to thank Cynthia
Kupper, and ask if she is doing this with any of the other restaurant
chains?  It's a big help, and when you can tell them to look on their own
national Web Site, they are very impressed.