EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:21:31 -0400
Hi all,

Bill, has she got a computer.  There are tens of Classical radio
stations, most notably one in Toronto, also WXXI here in Rochester has
an excellent FM classical station.

Only problem with WXXI is that they use the quicktime streaming
software and not the standard WMA or MP3 or whatever stream.
Freedombox might be an option, you seen the new Freedombox?  It's
quite nifty now.  It's improved 100%. I would suggest one of Scheur's
players, but I guess he's fallen on hard times with his company and
isn't selling or releasing his stuff this year.

Otherwise, just go to Walmart and buy a plain old Sony player with a
CD and tape or whatever.  She probably doesn't want a CD changer or
stuff.  Use the KISS principal.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons