From:
Lisa Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:02:07 -0600

I went out to dinner last night at the Atlas World Grill in Iowa City, IA.  I forgot about the previous posting here regarding restaurants in this area.  It was a crowded Saturday night at 8pm and I tried to ask the waiter questions regarding ingredients with wheat.  He said, "Is this about Gluten?"  I said, "yes" and he offered to get the gluten free menu.  He brought it to me after a wait saying that there was only one and it was in use but I was so grateful to have it, that I didn't mind.  It felt very freeing!  I thanked him for it.  He stated that the chef is either a celiac or has a family member who is.  I had a mixed greens salad with granny smith apple, walnuts, feta cheese and champagne vinagrette that initially came with croutons despite my reminder (but was quickly replaced with apologies), a teriyaki salmon with wasabi mashed potatoes and mixed stir fried vegetables.  I was too full to order the flourless chocolate cake with strawberries and ice cream but the table next door's looked delicious.  Very satisfying meal!

I'm not affiliated with this restaurant, just very pleased with the food and menu.

Lisa