From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:34:37 -0500

Hi,

I wanted to share a fantastic recipe I've been making since before my diagnosis.
 I promise you that if you like this type of dish, you'll love it.  I've had
the recipe so long I don't remember where I got it.  I have decreased the
amount of cumin and increased the amount of cilantro to my personal taste.  I
use corn tortillas and it's still great.  The amount of chicken used is
flexible.  Enjoy.

Spicy Chicken Fajitas

2 large chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red pepper, sliced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
2 tablespoons chopped dry cilantro
GF flour or corn tortillas

In large bowl, toss shredded cooked chicken with lime juice.
In large skillet, sauté onion, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, and salt in oil
3 minutes until onion is translucent.  Add chicken.  Cook 2 minutes to heat
through, stirring occasionally.  Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro
until cheese is melted.
Serve in warm tortillas.

Diane