From:
DOUG PADGETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DOUG PADGETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:15:45 -0600

Hi,

I'm newly diagnosed (4 weeks), 38 years old, who had classic symptoms
for six months and is now doing better, thanks, though not anywhere
close to my old happy-go-lucky self.  I've discovered over the last
four weeks that this is a lot harder than it looks, both emotionally
and practically.  Frankly, I'm in a big, fat funk, constantly feeling
anxiety about celiac, it's risks, the future, the expense, having to
explain it all when I go out with friends, trying to be honest and yet
not too honest when applying for life insurance.  It goes on.  And I
have the occasional but too-frequent accidental ingestions.  I didn't
think I would need it, but maybe a support group would help?  I'm
currently living in Orange County, CA, though it's probably only for
another couple of months.  I didn't come up with any groups here from
my list search.  But I could also make contacts in LA or San Diego,
since I'm frequently in both places...anybody around?

Thanks,

Doug