From:
Barbara C Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara C Wojcik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:56:09 -0600

Sorry this took so long. I received so many responses it almost overwhelmed me!

I got many good tips on where to eat /shop in Grapevine; thank you all for your suggestions.

Food stores:

Healthy Approach Market on Highway 121, between Hall Johnson and Glade Road

Grapevine Restaurants: (They were all packed! My sister says that no one eats at home anymore)

Mijos - Glade and 121.  Very accomodating, great food

Outback Steakhouse

Macaroni Grill (all sauces are GF, order fish; they will cook your pasta if you bring it)

Don Pablo's - ask for manager, tell him you are CD, ask for rice, beans, mashed potato enchilada and veggie enchilada. He will dip your corn tortillas in hot water. You can't eat the chips, but sauce is OK.

Logan's Road House

Red Lobster (grilled fish/no seasonings)

Spring Creek: BBQ-Sauce, Smoked turkey, veggies.

Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil ($$$)

Carrabbas has various fish and chicken dishes that are safe

Charlie's Cafe-p-meatloaf and vegetables are safe;

Mimi's

Macs

Tony Romas

Saltgrass

Kirby's

P. F. Chang's

Chipotle

Railhead BBQ
Close by: Fuddruckers, El Paseo, Texas Land & Cattle Com.; Rock Fish.

Las Colinas: BD's Mongolian Grill

North Arlington: A great Whole Foods Store

Dallas and Ft. Worth: Whole Foods and Central Markets

Here is a list of support groups in Texas, that may be of some help:
http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=310&p_catid=35&sid=91hH9H0l4M6J7Tb-49103163449.94

Go to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a portable guide of 50 restaurants that list their gluten/wheat free items.