From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:20:24 -0500

Recently a list member posted a company's rather poor response to her
request for information about the gf status of their candy. They make
holiday candy including Easter bunnies and are a NASCAR licensee.  This week
the CeliACTIONetwork is taking aim at them. and I thought that I would share
an amusing way to spread awareness....

I'm writing because there is something that other list members may wish to
do to make the company that touts itself as in their "54th year of being
America's Favorite Holiday Candy". It seems this doesn't include us.

But they do have a contest on their web site to name a bunny... I know that
I think that "Gluten-Free Gus" is a great name for a bunny. I also included
a description of "Gus"--
Hi to all my friends!
I'm a gluten-free bunny that kids and adults with Celiac Disease and wheat
intolerance can eat! 1 in 133 Americans have Celiac Disease and I want to
hop into your home and help you celebrate a happy holiday!!

I would like to encourage others, wherever you are around the world to join
and enter-and spread awareness.
The contest is at http://www.rmpalmer.com/rmcandy/name_the_bunny.asp

Together, we can create change!

Michael Thorn