Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:24:55 -0600

Thank you for contacting General Mills regarding gluten in General Mills
product.

It is our primary goal to help our consumers determine whether or not they
can include our products in their diet.  To accurately accomplish this, we
believe it is best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each
product package.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing, so we want to
assure you if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, or
other sources of gluten, then the product would be gluten-free.  Because
ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product
reformulation, you should use the product's ingredient label to provide you
with current and accurate information.

Additional information regarding gluten may be obtained by contacting your
health care professional or:

Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc.
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE  68131-0700
402-558-0600
www.csaceliacs.org

As for the malt that we use, it is comes from barley.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Julie Carlson
General Mills