From:
Pat McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:46:47 -0500

Just a warning that when I checked recently on Ricola Natural Herb Cough
Drops (UPC 36602 07917) I was told that there was no way to know what the
source of "starch syrup" was without inquiring about a specific batch.  The
dough drops are manufactured in Switzerland and the starch syrup could be
from corn, potato, or wheat.  It took over 2 months of trying before I
finally got a response for the specific batch I had already bought.  I don't
think I will be likely to buy them again with this level of uncertainty and
difficulty getting a definitive answer.

I notice that there have been many postings in the past stating that Ricola
is GF but I don't think that is necessarily os, at least for the ones marked
Original.

Pat