Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Meyersohn, Rolf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:01:13 -0500

My wife and I were able to make use of a number of the recommendations made
by various celiac listserv members.  Here is what we found.
Restaurants.
On Las Olas Boulevard, FTL.  Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to try
Mark's Place, which was reported to be to be excellent, if expensive.  But
we did eat arguably the BEST tuna carpaccio in the world next door at an
Italian bistro by the name of Café Blu.  Really astonishing.

In Hallandale.  Padrinos, a Cuban restaurant was recommended as having
wonderful food and very inexpensive at that.  That is true.  They have a
very good salad, first-rate fish, and a good flan.  We went there twice (it
was around the corner from where we stayed).    Next door is a good Italian
trattoria, Nando (also a piano bar).  It is more expensive, has thoughtfully
prepared food.
Everybody mentioned the Outback Steakhouse.  We found it a bit too
commercial,  though the food is ok.
Other restaurants were mentioned which we didn't have a chance to try
include Café Arugula at 3110 Federal Highway and P.F. Chang, south of FTL.

Food Stores
Everybody mentioned the Whole Foods Market. We went to the ones in Ft.
Lauderdale and one in Aventura. They also have a cafeteria, where  I ate a
first rate tomato soup.   Fellow celiacs recommended the freshly baked
millet bread, which is indeed very good. The stores carry a very wide range
of GF items. It iappears to be an essential place for celiacs.
We didn't have a chance to visit other stores that were mentioned, including
the Islamorada Fish Company off Griffin Road, the Wild Oats Market,
Albertson's Grocery.

My fellow celiacs facilitated our trip felicitously.  Thank you very much.
Rolf Meyersohn, New York City