VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mary P.Blanton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:57:44 -0400
Thank you so much for your help.  We already own an older copy of Dragon Pro and
get the latest version.  Now that I have a large hard disk and a USB Mile (This
ThinkPad is a refurb and the regular mike jack does not work.  For less that
$300 USD, a broken mike jack ain't bad.) I will install Dragon Pro and download
and install JAWS and Windows Eyes and try and decide what would best meet my
father's needs,  (He FINALLY takes my recommendations.)  Gee, this ought to be
fun in all my free spare time.  Oh, goody.

Anyway, I appreciate the help everyone has offered and WILL be using the input I
have gotten (and may continue to get) in making my final recommendations.  I
REALLY NEED the most stable things around because I am working again and my
husband is under a MAJOR, drop dead deadline to implement biometrics in the
Point Of Sale (POS) system his company sells.  NCR, who owns the company he
works for, came up with the fingerpritng device and, even if it kills my poor,
overworked husband, it HAS to be functional and RELIABLE by the latter half of
Oct for FS Tech,  No pressure there, now is there.  And so driving from Atlanta
to Chattanooga is something we want to do as seldom as possible.

MaryB.